Mining & Ground Stability
The Mining and Ground Stability Report provides an accurate picture of ground stability issues surrounding a site. Exclusive to Landmark, this report contains MotionMap data which gives a precise picture of historical subsidence, heave or potential seismic activity.
Sold as an individual component of Envirocheck and available as a PDF file (three hour delivery via email) or paper copy within 24 hours of your order being placed.
The Mining and Ground Stability Report is available for the whole of the UK and supplies detailed information about ground stability conditions on your site.
- Mining and Natural Cavities Data – Highlights features related to the existence of mining including BGS recorded mineral sites, coal affected areas, Ove Arup & Partners mining instability and shallow mining hazards and PBA Natural Cavities and Man-made Mining Cavities.
- Historical Land Use Information (1:2,500 and 1:10,000) – Plots information from Landmark’s analysis of historical maps and includes shafts, pits, tunnels etc –Subterranean features from the Subterranean Britannica Society uniquely detailing man-made and man-used underground spaces are also included.
- Ground Stability Data (1:50,000) – 6 BGS Geosure data sets, plus brine and salt mining data sets, Brine Subsidence Area from JPB and Subsidence Insurance Claims and Subsidence Investigations.
- MotionMap Data (1;2,500) – Real ground motion data created by Fugro NPA, containing 5,706,408 features and covering the period 1992-2002.
Features and Benefits
- Fast – Instant access to critical mining and ground stability data.
- Accurate – Site-specific mining and ground stability information on and surrounding your site.
- Comprehensive – Available for the whole of Great Britain.
- Reliable – Quality controlled data from reliable sources.
- Cost effective – Saves time and resource collecting disparate data, allowing more time for analysis and reporting.
- Unique – Includes MotionMap data which gives a precise indication of historical subsidence, heave or potential seismic activity.
- Informed – Gain in-depth knowledge of your site prior to a site visit, enabling more informed decisions.
- Environmental Due Diligence work.
- Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Civil engineering projects.
- Insurance claims management processes.
Landmark Environment and Fugro NPA who provide comprehensive, high quality Earth Observation solutions that improve the effectiveness of decision-making. Satellite derived ground and structure stability information is increasingly being used by developers and engineers who require a detailed understanding of ground stability issues across the UK. David Mole (Managing Director at Landmark Environment) and Adam Thomas (Project Manager at Fugro NPA) explain how a new satellite technology will offer valuable insight into Britain’s changing landscape at a time when the impact of climate change is making technology more important than ever.
Also of interest
The Utilities Report collates all utility information into a...