Digital Terrain Model
Digital Terrain Models (DTMs) provide a topographic model of the bare earth/underlying terrain of the earth's surface. They are usually derived from Digital Surface Models (DSMs) by digitally removing the cultural (man-made) and vegetation features. Envirocheck provides DTMs from two sources; the Environment Agency and Ordnance Survey.
Available through Envirocheck Export in a range of digital formats; ASCII, DWG, DXF and CSV formats. Data is delivered within 48 hours of placing your order.
Environment Agency DTM Data - England and Wales
- Accurate digital elevation data produced by Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR), an airborne laser mapping technique.
- Data set contains ‘bare earth’ terrain.
- Supplied at four resolutions; 25cm, 50cm, 1m and 2m.
- Covers approximately 64% of England and Wales.
Atkins DTM Data – Scotland
- Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) is an airborne laser mapping technique which produces accurate elevation data.
- Data set contains a 'bare earth' Digital Terrain Model (DTM) where vegetation and other surface features have been identified and removed; and a Digital Surface Model (DSM) that includes surface objects.
Ordnance Survey Panorama DTM Data
- Digital representation of 'bald earth' terrain, consisting of point height values at each intersection of a 50m horizontal grid, Derived from 1:50,000 scale mapping.
- OS Panorama DTM data is now available free of charge through Envirocheck Export.
Features and Benefits
- Saves time – All data is available fully digitised and ready to be uploaded in a choice of GIS and CAD ready formats.
- Flexible – Only buy the data you need for your project.
- Fast – DTMs are available within 48 hours of placing your order.
- Accurate – EA LIDAR data has an accuracy of +/-5cm to 15cm, with the spatial resolutions ranging from 25cm to 2 metres.
- Legal – All data is fully licensed for commercial use, under a single managed licence, with automatic expiry reminders.
- Flood risk analysis.
- Risk assessments.
- Feasibility studies.
- Line of sight analysis.
- Noise and wind modelling.
Also of interest
Undertake a thorough flood risk assessment with flood data...